We have been directed by the New York State Department of Health to distribute COVID-19 vaccine to selected high-risk groups that provide services in the community.
Those groups, which the state has designated as having Priority 1A to receive the vaccine are:
* Emergency medical services personnel
* Medical examiners, coroners and funeral workers
* Staff and residents of Office of Mental Health (OMH) operated and voluntary operated congregate living settings
* Staff and residents of Office of Persons with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) operated and voluntary operated congregate living settings
* Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) staff members
The medical center will begin vaccinating those groups next week. The priorities for dispensing COVID-19 vaccine are prescribed by the state. The vaccination of front line medical workers and nursing home residents began last week with the state Health Department expected to announce other priority groups to be vaccinated in the days ahead.